ART Therapy -
The materials found within the art therapy office or studio includes --- paints -- chalks--pastels---oil pastels---crayons (for little ones)---markers---drawing tools ---as well as moldable clays ----collage and mixed media. Simple materials for doll making and other 3 dimensional materials.
Do you remember the fun you had using art materials as a child...the sense of pride in creating something you were proud of. Something happens when one grows up -- we stop playing and accessing our natural and creative self. The self we all have, but have forgotten. I invite you to re-experience the fun and power of the creative process for healing -- and the simple joy of creativity. Art for me is like a meditation -- my everyday world goes away -- as I enter the world of color -shape and form. I love how the colors and images change as my creative center unfolds. Often as if I am guided by a force within --- that force is my creative core. It is through this source that magic and mystery appear. I find a joy, that is undescribable -- as I lose myself into this place of immagery and the active immagination.
Engagement in art for healing creates many changes -
- Increases Self Esteem and Self Confidence
- Developing new skills
- A way to visually expressive feelings, difficult to talk about
- Creatively work through grief, and integrating past trauma's- without talking
- Provide an alternative form of communication
- Develop a relationship with the immagination and imagery that flows from the unconscious.
- Develop new coping strategies -- as well as meditative and calming affects
Join me in my studio - explore the magic --- becoming the creator you were always meant to be ..have some fun.